Magnolias

Magnolias

Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Problem with Chocolate Muffins, 24 May 2012

The problem with chocolate muffins--one of them--is that they're called muffins.  If the recipe said "cupcakes," I probably wouldn't have baked them today.  Or eaten four of them.  Then again, if they were called cupcakes I would have added frosting, so at least I'm saving myself on that point.

The truth is, I'm celebrating.  I'm celebrating my achievement in sticking with this year's homeschool hybrid program even though it majored on my weaknesses and minored on my strengths, as Jay very sweetly articulated for me.  I'm celebrating that G came through the school year having more knowledge and greater skills in the Three 'Rs' than he did at the beginning.  I'm celebrating that it's summer break and I don't have to keep track of "does this count for school hours?" anymore.  I'm celebrating that both my kids are so cute and have so much sweetness in them.

Basically, I'm celebrating the ways that God has been faithful during this past year from the-place-God-isn't (if you catch my drift).

And because it also happens to be my monthly chocolate week--gotta love hormones--the aforementioned muffins are figuring prominently into the celebrating.

Speaking of prominent figures, I do not plan to continue this Celebration = Eat Cake Whenever I Feel Like It thing, because that was my philosophy in college and earned me a cool 30 pounds.  However, since I'm a bit bloated this week anyway--gotta love hormones--and am not going clothes shopping, I'm going to enjoy the muffins while they last.  Perhaps with some vanilla ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment