Magnolias

Magnolias

Friday, January 3, 2014

Bacon & Eggs, Peanut Butter & Chocolate, Jay & Rachel, 03 January 2014

This will be a quick little post because I can barely keep my eyes open, but today was such a good example of how well-suited to each other Jay and I are, that I can't pass up the opportunity to say something about it.

For Jay, yesterday and today blended together because he stayed up til 4-something this morning playing a video game (thank you, winter break!).  I got up with the kids this morning to give them breakfast, but Jay was up before 8:30 to take over--at which time I left for my second day of work!

While I spent about 4 hours up to my elbows in choral music (so fun!!), Jay let the kids do a little video gaming, but then took them to do our grocery shopping (doing all their laundry and scrubbing the kitchen were his domestic projects of yesterday).  He helped G and Z pick out a special lunch from the deli, which delighted them to no end.

I returned home just after noon, at which time Mr. and Mrs. FIL scooped up the kids for an overnight adventure, and my date-day with Jay began!  Our day out was a great combination of things we each like.
  1. We ate a snack of leftovers
  2. We went to a thrift store
  3. Where I tried on tons of clothes as Jay threw them over the dressing room door for me (this was Jay's favorite part of date-day)
  4. We left with a big bag of name-brand clothes for $12.50
  5. We went out for dinner and milkshakes at my choice of restaurant
  6. We hit one last store--Jay's choice--to look at plastic food storage containers
  7. We watched one episode of a history documentary we both enjoy (my favorite part of date-day)
  8. Jay played two more hours of video game
  9. I watched him for the first 20 minutes and spent the rest of the time sitting near him at our piano, finishing up choral music decisions
  10. Jay turned off the game and installed a new faucet in our bathroom
  11. I got into bed
Tomorrow we'll wake up without the kiddies or alarms, and then I'll probably fix a couple sprinklers and clean a rabbit hutch while Jay looks for more shopping or dishes to do.

A few questions:
  • Are we super-boring old-fogies?
  • Is Jay amazing because he cleans, grocery shops, loves clothes shopping, and installs faucets?
  • Am I weird that I'd rather work on sprinklers than go to a kitchen store?
  • Is it time for me to go to sleep now?
The answer to all of these questions is the same, of course.  YES.

P.S. For those of you who were wondering, my first days of work have been great!  I got done the big things on my list and feel like I've got a good handle on what I need to do going into Sunday and next week.  I've been enjoying meeting a few more members of the congregation, too.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment