Magnolias

Magnolias

Monday, July 1, 2013

To the Isles and Back: A Journal in Pictures, 01 July 2013

I didn't forget about you!  It turns out that our style of travel (AKA no laptop, spotty wifi, busy schedule) didn't leave much--well, any, really--time for blogging.

So today I spent 10 hours (and that's not a joke) getting a pictorial journey ready for you!  The most you will probably hear about the trip will be from the photo captions, because I find that now we're home, I have many things to do like cooking, cleaning up after myself, and generally being responsible, and don't have oodles of time to write ex post facto (no pun intended).

Without further ado, here is an album of my trip with Jay to the British Isles, celebrating our 10th anniversary of marriage.

This album includes the most "yesterdays" this "Today" blog will probably ever see.  In fact, it includes yesterdays from 6,000 years ago.  But don't let me spoil the fun...go see for yourself!

Love,
Rachel

P.S. The boys did great at home with their succession of caretakers.  They had an absolutely fantastic time (which we are failing to live up to now that we're back, I'm afraid to say), but we are very glad to be together again!

2 comments:

  1. I want to visit that woolen mill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We loved it! The self-guided tour is only done during the summer, since they don't heat the rooms in the winter. Be sure to go on a weekday so that the machines will be running. On certain days during the summer (Mondays?) they have their "Weaver's Room" open where you get to do hand-carding and things like that. Also, there's a primary school next door to the mill, and it's pretty great to hear the kids and teachers on the playground speaking Welsh. :-)

      Delete