Magnolias

Magnolias

Friday, July 26, 2013

Waiting, 26 July 2013


Sometimes a sunset glows brightly over the clouds
and I remember the beauty You've created around me
But sometimes all my eyes see is Darkness
and my spirit wonders why this waiting

Why do You wait to restore all that is Good and Beautiful
Why do You wait to crush suffering and injustice
children with cancer
mass graves under piles of rubble
a baby born too soon to live
hollow-eyed shells carting around their lives from fix to fix
daughters and sons with children but no mother
a father never aware of the child he created by violence
a grandmother in a coma she can never wake from
bullet holes in pillars where the revolutionary took his last stand
women chained and sold for their flesh
children with smiles but no words or reasoning
a wife or husband beaten by betrayal
decisions made for money and power not mercy and peace

Why do You wait?
You wait out of patience for sinners to turn
but the victims keep suffering
and I keep suffering
and I weep outside the tomb
where You are
crying
and weeping with me
But Lord if You had been here he wouldn't have died

Sometimes you wait until we are ready to see the miracle You planned
but it is hard for me to see miracles in the dark
and it is hard for me to wait for miracles
and I don't want to wait for miracles anymore

Please
just
come

No comments:

Post a Comment