Magnolias

Magnolias

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Out of the Mouths of Babes, 22 February 2014

Today I got a beautiful, spontaneous, unbelievably precious gift from five-year-old Z.  As we were walking home through our neighborhood, he held onto my hand and began,

Mommy, I love you more than dandelions.
I love you more than trees with flowers.
I love you more than Rabber.
I love you more than Bunjy.
I love you more than parks filled with funness.
I love you more than bushes.
I love you more than rose bushes.
I love you more than our house.
I love you more than Liam.
I love you more than Evan.
I love you more than Stephen.
I love you more than Kevin.
I love you more than Katie.
I love you more than the universe.
I love you more than grass.
I love you more than Papa and Gigi.
I love you more than spring.
I love you more than summer.
I love you more than July.
I love you more than pumpkins.
I love you more than pumpkin pie filled with blueberries and cherries.
I love you more than my room.
I love you more than the punching bag.
I love you more than my stuffed animals.
I love you more than fish.

And with that last statement, his round eyes smiling into my misty ones, he gave me a hug and ran off to play.  I don't think I'll ever recover.

2 comments: