Magnolias

Magnolias

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Heavenly Birthday, 08 May 2012

Today would have been my mom's birthday, and this morning I got a text from my dad asking, "I wonder which birthday she celebrates now.  Her original body birth or her spiritual birth or her arrival in Heaven with her new, healthy, forever body birth?"

My happy answer to this question was, "Why not all three?  I bet they give great parties up there."  Then later in the morning, I posed a similar question to G, saying I wondered if Grandma was having a party for her birthday today.  I loved his answer:

"I think that probably in Heaven, every day is your birthday!"

What that means in G's mind is, no more counting down the days (364 days takes a long time to count), receiving gifts and special food every day, and continuously feeling like the guest of honor.  Actually, that's not sounding too far off from descriptions we read in the Bible!

Heaven is our true home, so there's no more counting down the days until something better turns up, banquets and delicasies are served at God's table, we receive rewards from Him, and each person is welcomed with rejoicing.

Yup, it sounds to me like G's got the idea: In Heaven, every day is our birthday.  So happy birthday Mom--today and tomorrow and the day after and the day after!

2 comments:

  1. To quote a cliche that TOTALLY applies here: "out of the mouths of babes". G is so wise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well naturally I think so too. :-) But seriously, he makes me think!

      Delete