Magnolias

Magnolias

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Happy-List, 15 April 2012

Today is a good day to make a list of happy things.  In no particular order:

1. I <3 NCIS (and don't you dare spoil anything about the plot, because Jay and I just finished season 5).

2. Jay is a wonderful husband!  He spent today's weekend time doing dishes, replacing light bulbs, installing new printer cartridges, emptying trashes, giving me hugs, teaching a group of preschoolers and kindergartners in Sunday School, supervising our kids while I took a nap...

Ooo, good transition here.  I love:

3. Sunday afternoon naps.  Love the soft, warm sheets; the sound of some poor soul's lawnmower (bet they wish they were napping); the tweety-tweet of birds; the unscheduled space of the evening.

4. My kids' friendly spirits in inviting the 3-yr old neighbor boy to play with them and stay for dinner.

5. Being a loving presence to our neighbors.

6. Feeding ducks two blocks away with my kids.

7. My sisters and my brother and while we're at it my dad and his future wife and my father-in-law and Jay's siblings and my siblings' spouses (or "spice" as I prefer) and my nephew.

Other happy things today:

8. Our two rabbits are so cute.

9. A mallard couple likes to nap and hunt snails in our front yard.

10. I have friends who give me hugs, both real and virtual (the hugs, that is; all my friends are real!  That I know of).

11. The sugar snap pea vines in my first-ever garden are blooming.

12. I turned pre-packaged broccoli slaw into stir-fry and my family inhaled it.

There's a pretty happy list.  I may just come back and read it again tomorrow.  Good night!

1 comment: