Magnolias

Magnolias

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Headache Day Two, 01 April 2012

Today is day two of my headache.  I do think this is the first time I've had such a strong-willed grief headache.  And in just a few minutes I'll be recounting the grisly details of what I heard this week to two of my rather-selfless friends (who hopefully have rather-strong stomachs).

Although I usually process best by writing, I haven't been able to write down all the horrible implications of what the coroner said.  I just can't bring myself to see the words, I guess.  And actually, I'm realizing that my headache is intensifying just anticipating this evening's conversation.  Maybe it can be like throwing up: 100% miserable during the act, but gaining a feeling relief afterward. I hope so, at least.

On a more every-day note, I cooked dinner tonight!  It's been a long time since the days when I was shocked at hearing a co-worker mention they ate fast-food three times a week, and when I was beaproned in the kitchen every afternoon.  Jay's no-carb diet has truthfully taken away a good deal of my motivation to cook, since I rely a little too heavily on positive affirmation (aka, "Oh honey, this is sooooo good") to get through tedious tasks.  Then again, I suppose most of us do.

But back to today, in spite of this headache I cooked!  With green onions from my garden (yay!) I did chicken with sauteed edamame, eliciting a throaty, "Oh, this is sumptuous," from my happy husband.  Score.  Plus, the chicken sauce had lots of butter in it, so I was happy too.

Now I just need a warm, flaky croissant filled with almond paste, and life might feel a little butter, er, better.  Or, instead of complicating my emotions further with calorie guilt, maybe I could just imagine the croissant.

And then I could go eat a Thin Mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment